Thursday, May 2, 2013

Ten Favorite Weight Loss Tips & Tricks

button
I'm joining Amber over at Crafty Healthy Mommy for this blog link up today.
We're sharing our Top Ten Favorite Weight Loss Tips and Tricks. Amber is a twin mom and has lost over 100 lbs by eating healthy and staying active. WOW!

1. Find motivation SOMEWHERE.
  I started my journey last June but didn't really do anything until the end of the month when I found Mama Laughlin's Blog on Pinterest. Her journey left an impact on me. I felt like I could relate to her and her stories. She's real and honest and I felt like if she could do it, I could do it.

2. Write down what you're eating.  LOG IT.
In the beginning, I joined Weight Watchers.  I needed to know what I was putting in my body and I had to write it down.  I like to follow plans and WW had the structure I needed.  Many people have success using the  app MyFitnessPal.  It's free and you log your calories.  I no longer log because I know what my body needs to lose but if you're just starting out, you need this!!!

3.  FOLLOW a fitness plan and WORK OUT.
I've never followed an actual fitness plan until this past August.  In college, I would go to the gym and use the elliptical and weights but I just did things.  Honestly, I didn't know what I "needed".  I just did stuff. Before my wedding, I worked out with a Personal Trainer and it was great but I don't really have the time and money for that.  SO, I downloaded the Couch25K app on my phone and followed it. I've NEVER been a runner and couldn't even run a full mile in high school but this program has allowed me to build stamina and actually run.  REALLY if I can do it, anybody can do it.  I'm very weird about people watching me run , so we got a treadmill and it's stored in our bedroom.  Every other night, I would put Harper to bed and then follow the program. 
Right now, I'm doing the Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30.  Her videos are 30 minutes and she's hard core. 
  
4.  Don't STOP.    
I've lost weight with WW in the past and then I would gain it back again.  You can't STOP.  It's not a DIET.  It's a LIFESTYLE and you have to keep it.  Do I eat differently?? Absolutely.  Am I starving everyday? Never.  Do I cheat?  Yes, every once in a while.  Listen, I like to drink and eat Mexican Food.  I have not given up those things but I do make better choices and don't have them all the time.  You have to indulge ever once in awhile....but believe me you'll body will not like you after :)

5.  Drink WATER
Before losing weight, I never drank water.  Now, I have to have it!! I wake up wanting water, I go to bed drinking water, I drink it all day and now I crave it.  I never ever would have thought I would love water; but now I do!

6.  Stay CONNECTED!
Join some sort of motivation group and stay plugged in.  I've joined a group on Facebook called Mama Laughlin's Fit Camp and it's a place where people post pointers, tips, success stories and lots of other things.  I also joined a contest with a group at one point and we weighed in every Wednesday.  Find people you can connect with.  It will motivate you and make you feel GOOD!

7.  Take BEFORE, DURING and AFTER pictures.
These seriously motivate me.  I hate to look at myself but I love seeing the comparisons.  When you feel down or just need some inspiration look at your before picture.  I also have a picture on my fridge on me back in college and I see it every time I get food out. It's a constant reminder.


8.  STOP eating FAST FOOD.
This was big for me because I used to stop for breakfast all the time.  I never do this anymore and if I get anything fast food it's usually Chick-fil-a or Subway. 

9.  GO to the grocery store.
One of the reasons I ate bad in the past was because that's all I had in my house.  I also don't have the time to browse in the grocery store anymore but now I MAKE the time.  Have healthy options available in your house.  Don't buy junk, sodas, candy, etc.  If you don't have it, you won't eat it.  Search Pinterest for great recipes.  Follow people's Instagram food pages.  Try new things. In the morning I usually have a fruit and bar, at lunch I eat a salad and leftovers or sandwiches (with no bread or little), for dinner we usually have some sort of meat or chicken baked, a veggie and salad.  I also always have snacks available.  Don't starve yourself...eat when you're hungry.

10.  Stay POSITIVE and FOCUSED.
Create reachable goals and work toward them.  Tell yourself, that once you get to this point, you'll go and do something for yourself.  One of my big goals, was a trip to New York.  I wanted to be a certain weight before then and it was such a motivator.  Then, we went to Mexico and I didn't want to be the fat girl in a Mommy bathing suit anymore.  I work toward goals.  When you grow out of your clothes, GET RID of them.  You can't go back.  Buy new things for yourself and feel good in your new skin.

11.  It Works WRAPS!
And because this is my blog, I'll promote my little business.  Once I lost weight, I still had flab.  I found the It Works Wraps and fell in love with them.  I finally feel kinda "ok" in a bathing suit.  They tone, tighten and firm your problem areas.  I also take some of their vitamins and supplements and I haven't felt this great EVER.  Message me if you want to see my tummy before/after pictures or if you want to know more about IT WORKS.  You will THANK ME!!

   

5 comments:

AmberCHM said...

Thank you so much for linking up! I love your #6. #7 is a huge one for me as well :)

Jenny said...

Thanks so much for sharing! I have had the privilege of seeing your progress this last year & am very inspired by your success!

MommyEdwards.com said...

Taking before, during, & after pics makes such a huge difference! When I took my 50 'after' pics I was kinda dissapointed. Then I compared them to my before & I was blown away! It's a great reminder to see how far you've come!

a happier girl said...

Great tips! I avoid fast food, too. It's hard in the beginning but totally helps. And, yes, to before photos! They are so fun along the way when it's easy to lose sight of how far you've come!

Photography said...

Thanks for review, it was excellent and very informative.
thank you :)