Wednesday, November 28, 2012

My Weight Loss Jounrney

I am so very excited to say that as of today I have lost of a total of 30 pounds since June 26th!!  I have dropped from a size 12/14 to a freaking size 6!!

I'm just 10 pounds away from my ultimate goal of 40 pounds.  I have never been so proud of myself and feel so in control of my health.

I took no magic diet pill, no magic supplements and did nothing crazy.  I didn't even pay for a gym membership or hire a trainer. I run and eat right.

I was NEVER a runner and couldn't even run a mile in high school.  I basically suck at running but I have pushed myself and today I can run 2 miles with pretty much no problem.  Of course, I'm not a fast runner but  I can do it.

I started with the Couch 2 5K Program and downloaded the app on my phone.  I joined Weight Watchers and started following Mama Laughlin's Inspirational Weight Blog (along with several other inspirational girl blogs) and things just started to happen.

I take my lunch to school every day, stopped getting fast food for breakfast and we limit going out to eat.  I have decreased my carb intake and eat lots of fruits and proteins.  I stop eating when I feel full and try not to over indulge.  I also increased my water intake and cut out pretty much all sodas.  Now, I do cheat every once in awhile but when I stick to this healthy way of eating, I get results! It's pretty simple.  I'm sure these last 10 pounds will be the hardest and I now need to start weight training to tone up.

I hate pictures of myself but I have to show this because it's incredible to see the change!

The first picture was on June 26 and I was a size 12/14.
The second picture was on October 5th and a size 8.
The third picture was today, November 28th, and I'm a size 6!


Next weekend, my Mom and I and several other friends are going to New York.  I set a goal to lose 30 pounds by this trip and somehow I'm there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go me.






6 comments:

Jennifer said...

You look wonderful!!!! All your hard work has paid off and you are one hot sexy momma!! Congratulations

aussiekings said...

You look great!! :)

The Heights Life! said...

Way to go friend!!! Congrats on getting to your goal!! I hope you have a great time in NYC and I cannot wait to see pics!! Love you!!!

Samantha Prochaska said...

I knew you were losing weight when I saw you at Nada. You look amazing. I'm so proud of you and I feel like you are an inspiration to many others. Keep up the great work! :)

Traci & Charlie said...

You look fabulous!!! So so awesome!

Kit said...

Kinsey, that's awesome!! Congrats! What an inspiration.