Saturday, October 16, 2010

What I Saw and How I Lied by Judy Blundell


What I Saw and How I Lied is a historical fiction novel that takes place after World War II. There is also a bit of a mystery to this story. To be honest, this book started out slow to me and I had to force myself to keep reading.

Evie's strep father, Joe, returns from war and begins to act peculiar. Evie, Bev, and Joe are all living with Joe's mother because of the rations during the war. They leave Joe's mother and head to Palm Beach, Florida on a whirlwind for a sudden family vacation. They meet another war family and then Peter who Joe has know from the war.

Evie begins to fall in love with Peter and discovers lies that surround Joe and Peter. Evie ignores the lies and then suddenly Peter goes missing after a boating trip with Bev and Joe.

Bev and Joe are questioned after this mysterious accident and their family is broken. Evie must come to turns with everything she has ever known and chose what is best for her.

This book will appeal to junior and senior high school girls that enjoy reading historical fiction or even mysteries. The characters in the book seem to be of a white race.

No comments: