Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson



Fantasy is not my favorite read, however, this book was much easier for me to get through. The Adoration of Jenna Fox has many realistic references so I think that is why the book was more appealing to me.

It was a good read, however, I think it lasted a little too long. I was wondering when the end would come!

I would consider this book to be more of a science fiction novel rather than a fantasy read. This book also addresses the power of science and medicine and the ethics that go along with it.

It takes place in a small town in Southern California (i think!). I believe the characters are of a white race and are upper class Americans.

Jenna has awoken from a coma with no memory. Her parents try to help her remember who she was by having her watch tons of recorded home videos. She struggles with trying to find the real "her". She has many questions about her old life and what has happened and her parents are not willing to give her the answers.

Is she really the true Jenna Fox? Will her memory ever come back? Are her parents being honest with her? Read to find out!

No comments: