Tuesday, September 16, 2008

i'm back!

I'm finally back! I've missed my computer so much!

Well, Ike did more damage than I would have ever imagined.

Today, we finally got power back!! I am soooo thankful.

I would have NEVER imagined any of whats been going on since Friday.

We rode out the storm at Scott's parents house and lost power around 4:00 am (Saturday morning). It rained ALL day Saturday and finally around 2:00 pm we were able to leave his house and go and check out my house. We were totally blocked in at his house and them some nice man came with his tractor and moved all the huge trees of the road. Going through Tomball was CRAZY! It was flooding and there was water everyone. It was so scary. We finally made it to my house and I couldn't believe it. I have to have my roof replaced, our fence in the back was cratered down, our one tree was split in half and we had water that came in from under our door and window in the back. Our carpet was wet and honestly I was in shock. Saturday we took all the meat out of the freezer and headed back to Scott's house. Scott and I then headed to Nada to get two generators, ice and water. We knew we would be out of power for awhile.

Since Saturday, we have been at Scott's parents house living on the generator. I am so thankful no one was hurt but I honestly thought nothing would have ever happened to my house.

Today I'm back at my house and things are starting to feel a little normal. We removed our carpet, cut down half the tree and are picking up all the stuff in our yard.

Thank you so much to all who sent text messages and called. I still don't have the greatest service but it's getting better every day. Love you all.

I'll post pictures and video later today.

No comments: